DEADLINE: 15 January, 2018
The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship program targeting exceptionally talented Master’s students from outside the Europe. The AES is a full scholarship for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programmes).
- Have excellent academic records and belong to the top 10% of your class
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and are you not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (Studiefinanciering)
- Have a TOEFL (internet-based) overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), or an IELTS (academic) overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components), or are you an English native speaker and/or was the diploma that qualifies you to enter higher education completely taught in English (this does not include the European Baccalaureate or French OIB (British or American version)
- Involvement in extracurricular activities (such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work)
- A letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which you explain the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme (broader context, relevance for future career)
- A letter of recommendation by a dean, teacher or academic supervisor, in which he/she also confirms that you belong to the top 10% of your class
- A description of your extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work
AMC UVA applicants wishing to apply for an AMS scholarship should send an email with their letter of motivation, recommendation and CV to Ms. N.V. Blankendal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information: Scholarship Link