DEADLINE: 15 June, 2018
KPMG Digital Village invited applications for the Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2018. The Global FinTech Hackcelerator 2018 is looking for the most innovative start-ups from across the globe who can address problem statements contributed by the global FinTech community and the financial services industry.
For the second year running, KPMG Digital Village and MAS will be organising the Global FinTech Hackcelerator for the 2018 Singapore FinTech Festival. This year’s programme will focus on 80 problem statements in the following 4 categories:
- Financial Inclusion: Solutions which empower consumers and businesses to gain access to financial services.
- RegTech and SupTech: Solutions to ensure compliance of regulatory requirements, especially when financial institutions engage in corporate activities.
- InsurTech: Solutions to help the financial institutions transform and shape the future state of insurance.
- General: Solutions which enable financial institutions to enhance customer experience or increase their efficiency. This is an unmatched opportunity for start-ups to have access to professional expertise, mentorship, and funds; to expand in new markets; to engage in the launch of sector-specific innovative solutions; and receive a cash stipend of up to S$20,000 if they are shortlisted to the top 20 teams.
They are inviting start-ups to apply to the programme and demonstrate how their solution can address industry pain points highlighted by their chosen problem statements. They will select 20 teams for the 12 week hackcelerator programme, assigning a corporate champion to provide mentorship to help them customise their market- ready solutions into contextualised prototypes for industry adoption.
- Contextualised for Impact – Real client owners looking for solutions contextualised for their specific needs.
- Cash Stipend – S$20,000 cash stipend for all 20 selected teams and additional cash prizes for the top 3.
- Mentorship – Business guidance and support from leaders in the industry.
- Development Infrastructure – Technology support for your solution.
- Network – Connect with the FinTech ecosystem.
- Adoption and Collaboration – Opportunity to join Corporate Adoption programmes and collaborative ecosystems (e.g. KPMG Digital Village)
Apply if you are a start-up who…
- Has an innovative concept – Innovative solution that can address the problem statement
- Has a unique proposition – Distinct from existing solutions and utilises unique technology
- Shows business potential – Business model, customer experience and collaborative applicability to the industry
- Can demonstrate your ability to execute – Strong company track record, and technical ability and industry knowledge
- Step 1 (Application): Submit your application before 15 June 2018. Shortlisted applicants may be contacted for further information, demos and pre-selection pitching sessions, after which up to 20 teams will be selected.
- Step 2 (12-Week Virtual Programme, starting 28 August 2018): The 20 successful start-ups will spend 12 weeks contextualising and enhancing their prototype/solution, with mentoring and guidance from industry champions and real FS business sponsors.
- Step 3 (Demo Day, 12 November 2018): At the end of the 12 weeks, start-ups will demo their solution on the main stage of the FinTech Conference at the Singapore FinTech Festival. The top 3 start-ups will receive additional cash prize of S$50,000 each.
- Step 4 (Post-Hackcelerator): Teams will work with industry champions to plan for actual adoption and integration of their solutions into a real client context.
For more information: