DEADLINE: 31 May, 2018
THEME: Youths and Social Entrepreneurship
2nd to 4th of July 2018.
We are happy to open applications for the 4th edition of FELA’s Entrepreneurial Leadership Forum.
ABOUT THE FORUM:
FELA’s Entrepreneurial Leadership Forum is an annual 3-day event which brings together 100 active high school student leaders and entrepreneurs from all over the national territory with the objective of providing a platform to enhance their leadership and Entrepreneurial skills, and to challenge them to kick start entrepreneurship and leadership activities in their communities in a bid to contribute to social and economic development.
Selection into the program is based on involvement in community activities, leadership activities and a strong desire to create impact. The forum takes place after the General Certificate of Education, around the first week of July.
This years’s focus: This year’s focus is social entrepreneurship. Social Entrepreneurship is important for the development of communities and the economic development of a nation. Young people have many opportunities to become social Entrepreneurs, including: teenage pregnancies, early school drop-out, waste disposal, climate change, youth unemployment, hunger, teenage prostitution, drug abuse, children’s education, etc
Social entrepreneurship is the use of the techniques by start- up companies and other entrepreneurs to develop, fund and implement solutions to social, cultural, or environmental issues.
Joined together with hundreds of High School students from all the Regions of Cameroon, you will learn how to take the first step towards social Entrepreneurship and make money while you solve problems in your community.
a. HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
- You will have the opportunity of acquiring useful skills in Leadership and Entrepreneurship.
- You will showcase your ideas to the world and have the possibility of receiving funding to launch that business you’ve been planning for a long time.
- You’ll meet and discuss with successful young entrepreneurs and social Entrepreneurs who will share their success stories with you.
- You will also network with young leaders from across Cameroon, who will impact your life like never before.
- You’ll have the opportunity to pitch your project idea to potential sponsors and the media.
- You will be awarded a certificate of entrepreneurial leadership signed by the National Employment Fund, the Ministry of Employment and Vocational training, and FELA.
- All participants will have the opportunity of studying at the prestiguous Fotabe Entrepreneurial Leadership Academy with a 50% scholarship.
- The best team in the banknote challenge category will receive a cash prize to grow their business and will receive media advertising to build a strong brand.
b. WHO CAN ATTEND?
- High school students from around the country who play leadership roles in their schools or their churches or their communities.
- High School students who are involved in entrepreneurship or social entrepreneurship in their schools or communities.
- High School students who play an active leadership role in school clubs.
c. HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
High school students wishing to participate will submit:
- A recommendation letter from a school teacher or church leader or community leader (for applicants involved in leadership activities).
- A report of entrepreneurship or social entrepreneurship projects undertaken by the applicant (for applicants involved in Entrepreneurship or social Entrepreneurship).
- Last school report card or school fee receipt or school identity card.
- A 10-point plan, showing: 1. a problem identified in your community, 2. 10 action plans on how you can solve the problem using social entrepreneurship
d. THIS YEAR’S CURRICULUM:
Tthis year’s curriculum will focus on the following training modules:
- Onboarding/ Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Leadership in the community
- Reshaping African business models/Cameroon business environment
- Taking the stage: Public speaking and pitching business ideas
- Leading Social Impact: Social Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship Challenge
These courses will be taught by subject matter experts with many years of experience.
Projects and 10-point plans with the following characteristics stand the chance to be selected: 1. Original 2. Practical 3. Cost effective 4. Community-focused 5. Sustainable
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION
You can submit your applications directly to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- 10-point action plan specifying name, school, class, email, telephone numbers, facebook, what you would like to study in future and where you would like to study,
- All documents as specified at (d) above
For more information: