APPLICATION DEADLINE: 8 October 2021.
Acting on the guidance provided by Ministers of Youth, Culture, and Sport, H.E. Moussa Faki Mahamat, the Chairperson of the AUC, seeks to appoint the African Union Chairperson’s Special Envoy on Youth 2021 – 2023. The AU Youth Envoy’s role is to champion youth issues in Africa, which aligns with Aspiration 6 of Agenda 2063, which focuses on youth engagement and empowerment.
The call is open to all qualified African youth passionate about promoting youth engagement in achieving the “Africa we want”.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Candidates must be citizens of an AU Member State;
2. Candidates must be between the ages of 15-35 for the duration of the appointment;
3. Candidates must have completed at least post-secondary education;
4. Candidates must have demonstrated leadership and advocacy skills on youth development issues at regional and continental levels;
5. Candidates must have demonstrated skills in initiating, facilitating, and sustaining multi-stakeholder dialogues and engagement;
6. Candidates should be proficient in at least one AU official language Arabic, English, French, and Portuguese
To submit your application:
1. Create an account on the http://aucareers.org/ portal (instructions and video tutorial available)
2. Fill out the personal information and the application forms
3. Attach the following documents:
– Your updated professional CV (no longer than 3 pages)
– Bio page of your passport (or national ID)
– Copy of your highest completed qualification
– Names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of three referees
4. Attach your cover letter (no more than 1.5 pages). In your cover letter please respond to the following questions:
– Why do you want to become an African Union Youth Envoy?
– What makes you the best candidate for AU-Youth Envoy?
– What skills are you bringing to the African Union Commission?
5. Review and submit your application before: Tuesday, 5 October 2021 midnight (EAT)
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered
Providing incomplete or incorrect information is ground for immediate termination
1. 6 – 8 October 2021 – Eligibility check;
2. 11 -15 October 2021 – Shortlisting and selection
3. 01 November 2021 – Announcement of the successful candidate by H.E the Chairperson during the Africa Youth Day Celebration!
For More Information: