APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 March, 2021
Nominations are invited for the Diana Award 2021. The Diana Award is given out in Diana, Princess of Wales’ name to young role models, aged 9-25 from across the world who are selflessly transforming the lives of others. They are looking to recognise young people going above and beyond in their daily lives to create and sustain positive change.
This is the longest running award for young people that is given to individuals and groups through a retrospective nomination process only. They believe this is special. Young people do not work towards the award, rather they demonstrate their suitability through their actions, without any expectation of reward.
- Successful UK based nominees will be invited to attend an Award Ceremony near their local area, where their achievement will be celebrated alongside their peers.
- Successful international nominees will be celebrated virtually on the International Ceremony Day which takes place on International Youth Day.
- Both UK based and international recipients of The Diana Award are also eligible for The Legacy Award, which takes place on a biennial basis. The next Legacy Award ceremony will take place in 2021.
- Nominees must be aged between 9 and 25 and have been carrying out their activities for a minimum of 12 months.
- Nominators must know the young person in a professional capacity, i.e. teacher, youth worker.
- Nominations made by family members will not be accepted.
Nominators must know the young person in a professional capacity and be able to demonstrate the nominee’s impact in five key areas:
- Vision: Demonstrates commitment and passion to the cause, evidenced through their service to that cause and through social action
- Social Impact: Creates positive social change that is of benefit to the wider community
- Youth Led: Demonstrates how the young person(s) has led, owned and shaped the activities they are nominating them for
- Service Journey: Evidence of transformation throughout the nominee’s service journey, including attitude, skills gained and challenges overcome
- Inspiring others: Demonstrates that, through the nominee’s positive attitude and passionate approach to life, they are a role model to others
Nominators are to download the nomination guide to help them in completing the nomination form.
For More Information: