APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 April 2022
The Pierre Castel Fund is the result of a meeting between Pierre CASTEL and Pierre De Gaétan NJIKAM, driven by their attachment to Africa and their common commitment to the continent’s young entrepreneurs. Their purpose: to contribute to the development of the agricultural and agri-food sectors, and to support the socio-economic dimension of the territory.
Since 2017, the Pierre Castel Endowment Fund – Acting with Africa has been part of this purpose by encouraging and supporting the development of agricultural and agri-food initiatives led by young African entrepreneurs and public and private institutions invested in the general interest.
With the help of its partners, the Fund has set up financing, training and networking schemes to make a concrete contribution to the current and future challenges of agriculture and entrepreneurship in Africa.
The Pierre Castel Award is one of these actions. Launched in 2018, this contest was created to support African agricultural entrepreneurship by identifying and supporting young agricultural entrepreneurs whose businesses actively contribute to the socio-economic and environmental development of their country. This 5th edition of the Award is organised in 6 African countries: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Madagascar and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Through this Award, the Fund and its partners share and defend a range of values including solidarity, recognition of merit, appreciation of effort and hard work, and a sense of initiative as well as audacity.
The prizes awarded in the framework of this contest are intended to support the growth of the companies selected for their quality and their impact on their economic, social and environmental environment. They also aim to promote the development of entrepreneurs, knowledge sharing and networking through the African Builders community.
The Pierre Castel 2022 Award rewards 36 entrepreneurs (6 per country).
- 1st prize winner: €15,000, a sponsorship and a coaching programme
- 2nd prize winner: €10,000, a coaching programme
- 4 finalists: Access to certified entrepreneurial e-learning courses with the International Trade Centre in Geneva (ITC).
Coaching sessions are carried out in collaboration with certified coaching organisations.
In partnership with the Inter-Academy Development Group (IADG), the 4 finalists from each country have the opportunity to compete for the Young Agricultural Achievers Award, which aims to celebrate the potential of African entrepreneurs and their positive impact on food systems. The rules and modalities of this contest will be made available to the finalists as of 1 September 2022.
Candidates wishing to apply must meet the following eligibility criteria :
- Be a national of and reside in one of the countries concerned by the Pierre Castel 2022 Award (Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Democratic Republic of Congo);
- Be between 18 and 45 years old;
- Own a business in the agriculture and/or agri-food sectors;
- Prove the legal existence of your business;
- Have a project that is in line with the development of their business, and that has a measurable social, economic and/or environmental impact on their territory.
Constitution of Application Files
The application files must be in PDF format and should be submitted on the Pierre Castel Fund application platform.
The files should contain the following items and be presented in the order indicated:
- A CV (background, experience, motivation and ambition) ;
- A copy of the identity document;
- A legal presentation of the company (date of creation, legal form, registration number in the trade register of the country concerned, governance, number of employees, etc.)
- A commercial presentation of the company (offer, environment, market, customers, distribution, marketing…);
- A presentation of the company’s financial elements for the year N-1 (balance sheet or operating account, etc.);
- A detailed presentation of the development project to be supported (development prospects, social, economic and environmental impacts, job creation, material needs, etc.).
Incomplete files or those that do not meet the required criteria will be rejected by default. The application file must be completed in French or English. The FILE must not exceed 10 pages of presentation (double-sided pages).
The Fund carries out activities in the countries concerned in coordination with Castel Group
subsidiaries, Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Chambers of Agriculture and national bodies to examine and identify eligible applications.
National committees and juries meet to select 6 projects per country from the applications submitted. These committees and juries are sovereign, chaired by the managing directors of the Castel Group subsidiaries organising the 2022 Award, and composed of personalities from the local economic fabric; their decisions are not subject to appeal.
Each country reserves the right to make adjustments to the present rules according to local constraints. Candidates must therefore pay close attention to the information provided concerning their country.
- Algeria : https://castel-algerie.com/
Burkina Faso: https://www.brakina-bf.com/prix-castel/
Ivory Coast : www.solibra.ci/prixpierrecastel-189576.html
Madagascar : https://www.star.mg/
Democratic Republic of Congo : https://bracongo.cd/ppc/
The Pierre Castel Fund guarantees the probity, impartiality and integrity of the members of the committees and juries.
Step 1 : Identification of eligible applications and selection of 6 projects/countries by the
Step 2 : Validation of the selections through field visits
Step 3 : Audition of the selected candidates by the national juries and selection of 2
finalists/countries for the final.
Step 4: Audition of the finalists by video-conference by the Grand Jury chaired by Pierre CASTEL and nomination of the winners.
Files Evaluation Criteria
The evaluation and selection of candidates is based on entrepreneurial spirit, entrepreneur’s experience in his/her sector of activity, socio-economic and environmental impact of the activity and quality of file submitted.
To apply, click here: https://www.fonds-pierre-castel.org/prix-pierre-castel/prix-pierre-castel-2022/
For More Information: