DEADLINE: Wednesday 16 December 2017, at 11pm GMT.
Canon Collins invites applications for Thekgo Bursaries. These bursaries are for registration fees for courses at postgraduate and undergraduate level in the following disciplines:
- Languages and Literature
- Media Studies
- Gender Studies
- Arts (Digital Arts, Drama/Performance Studies, Visual Arts/Fine Arts, History of Art, Film and Television Studies, Music)
In 2018 these bursaries will only be awarded to students studying at public universities in Limpopo and North-West provinces: University of Limpopo, University of Venda, University of North-West.
Are you eligible?
To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in any African country.
- be accepted to study at a university in Limpopo and North-West provinces, South Africa in 2018, for a full-time programme. Applicants must be in their first year (undergraduate or post-graduate).
- be able to demonstrate academic merit
- be studying a course within one of the areas listed above
- be able to demonstrate financial need
- Canon Collins usually dispense about 5-7 bursaries per year depending on the number of applicants.
- The selection committee decides on the actual amount that will be awarded to individual successful applicants, up to a maximum of R7500.
For More Information: