APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 November, 2020
Are you passionate about Sexual and Reproductive Rights? The Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, calls for applications for full-time doctoral scholarships in the field of sexual and/or reproductive rights in the African region.
The doctoral scholarship is aimed at strengthening the Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa Programme of the Centre in ways that develop a distinct focus on interrogating culture and/or criminalisation as part of broader discourses on sexual and/ or reproductive rights in the African region. Successful candidates will be expected to reside in Pretoria (South Africa) for the three-year period of the scholarship, and to contribute to the work of the Centre (for about 25 hours per week). The period of residence would ideally start early in 2021.
- The scholarships are comprehensive, covering tuition fees, travel, living expenses and ancillary costs.
- Have a Master’s Degree in law or humanities focusing on, or closely related to, the field of sexual and/or reproductive rights;
- Excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English;
- Excellent proficiency in academic research;
- Demonstrable interest and expertise in sexual and reproductive rights;
- Some familiarity with the African human rights system;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
The application must include:
- A curriculum vitae;
- A brief motivation for applying for the scholarship;
- A proposal of about 3 to 5 pages of the prospective LLD/DPhil research (succinctly setting out the research problem; the research question(s) to be addressed; the proposed research methods/ methodology; and demonstrating familiarity with the most salient literature);
- A sample of writing by the candidate in the area of sexual and/or reproductive rights; and
- Copies of relevant post-graduate degree(s) and related academic transcript(s).
All applications and enquiries should be directed to Dr Satang Nabaneh at email@example.com no later than November 15, 2020.
For More Information: