For Teachers: 13 January, 2018.
For High-School Students : 5 February, 2018
In summer 2018, CERN will offer several residential programmes for high-school students and their teachers. These summer programmes offer the unique chance to explore the fascinating world of particle physics through lectures, on-site visits, hands-on workshops, and ample opportunities to interact with CERN’s scientific community. The programmes will be delivered entirely in English and are open for participants from around the world.
The International Teacher Weeks (ITW) Programme 2018 will take place at CERN 5-18 August 2018!
This 2-week residential programme, which took place for the first time in 2017, is open to high school science teachers from around the world who would like to update their knowledge of particle physics, its associated technologies, and related subjects in a group of science teachers of different nationalities.
The ITW programme contains lectures, on-site visits, hands-on workshops, discussions, and Q&A-sessions. Furthermore, during the 2 weeks, all teachers will collaborate in several study groups on various topics related to particle physics and its integration into the classroom. All study groups will deliver their final reports at the end of the programme. Therefore, all applicants should:
- have a good working knowledge of the English language (the entire programme will be delivered in English)
- be committed to attend in full the 2 weeks of the programme (no late arrivals, no early departures)
Teachers can find out more and apply via the CERN Teacher Programmes website until 13 January 2018.
For high-school students aged 16 and above:
The S’Cool LAB Summer CAMP is an opportunity for high-school students (aged 16 and above) from all around the world to explore the fascinating world of particle physics. The selected 30 students will spend almost 2 weeks of their summer at S’Cool LAB, CERN’s hands-on particle physics learning laboratory, for an epic programme of lectures and tutorials, their own team research projects and visits of CERN’s research installations. The second S’Cool LAB Summer CAMP will take place from 24 July to 4 August 2018. The programme will be free of charge for selected candidates: Travel expenses, accommodation in double rooms in the CERN Hotel and meals will be covered by CERN.
- have a passion for and strong ability in physics and mathematics as reflected in high school course grades and extracurricular activities.
- be currently in the final two years of secondary school and have not yet begun full-time studies at a post-secondary institution.
- be very motivated to attend the summer camp and be able to enjoy the international atmosphere and an English speaking work environment.
• 15 November 2017 (16:00 CET) : Applications available online for S’Cool LAB Summer CAMP 2018
* 5 February 2018 (23:59 CET) : Application deadline
* 1 March 2018 : Applicants notified about their application results
* 24 July – 4 August 2018 : S’Cool LAB Summer CAMP 2018
For More Information: