DEADLINE: 29 June, 2018
The Government of The People’s Republic of China has made scholarship offers to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students study in China in the 2018/2019 Academic Year. The scholarships are intended for studies leading to the award of Master’s and Doctoral Degrees.
The scholarships are open to all qualified African Nationals who meet the admission requirements set forth below. The Language of Instruction will be in English. Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles in Africa are particularly encouraged to apply.
Candidates applying must satisfy the following requirements:
i. Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
For Doctoral Candidates (Master’s degree in a relevant field is required)
ii. Maximum age of 35 years
iii. Fluency in the English language, as it is the teaching language
Candidates may be required for a written or oral examination after pre-selection
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation for applying and how
the qualification will enable you to serve the continent. Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
1) Curriculum Vitae including education, work experience and publications if any;
2) Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, and personal details page of national passport (at least six month validity)
3) Clear colored passport size photograph (3*4)
4) Recommendations from two academic referees
5) Health Certificate.
- Interested applicants can access the requirement through the link www.au.int
- All applicants must apply directly through the respective University website and send copies by email to Caseley Olabode Stephens StephensC@africa-union.org.
- The Closing date for the submission of applications with all supporting documents is: 29TH June 2018.
- Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the African Union Commission Master’s & Doctoral Scholarships 2018/2019