DEADLINE: 30 June, 2018
Think you have an idea? Does your idea solve a clear problem/issue that affects a large number of people in Africa? Does the idea improve on an existing process/solution or is it completely new? Does your solution leverage digital technology (web or mobile) for its execution? Submit the idea for the Co-Creation Hub Diaspora Challenge 2018. The aim of the challenge is to mobilise the Diaspora community to build scalable business solutions to social challenges in Africa.
They are seeking business ideas that make an impact in these 3 critical sectors:
- Education: How might we harness the potential of technology to bridge the education gap and unlock the potential of the young people of Africa?
- FinTech: How might we connect the unserved & underserved population in Africa to affordable financial services using readily available technology?
- Energy: How might we use technology to effectively distribute clean and affordable energy to homes & industries across Africa?
Six finalists who commit to this challenge will receive:
- Prototype Funding: $15,000 per idea to fund prototype development
- Business Advisory: Provide insight in support of strategic planning & execution
- Seed Investment: On the path for up to $250,000 seed investment from Growth Capital
- Market Access & Network: Connect to strategic partners in African countries to support market entry processes
- Mentorship: Connect to mentors to provide honest & constructive feedback as well as industry guidance when necessary
- Open to Africans in Diaspora
For more information: