DEADLINE: 31 January, 2018.
The Commonwealth Scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students from Commonwealth countries seeking admissions as full-time candidate pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme by research at the University. This Scholarship is for new, incoming students who are not Singapore citizens or permanent residents. A number of students are selected each semester by the University for the award.
The Scholarship is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- nationals from any Commonwealth countries except for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents;
- have graduated with an undergraduate degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division)/Honours (Distinction) or equivalent;
- at the time of award of the Scholarship, must have been offered admission to a full-time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme by research; and
- should not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award
• The monthly stipend for International PhD students will be S$2,000 and scholars in the PhD programme may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month upon passing the PhD Qualifying Examination (QE), subject to good performance in research and the attainment of required standards for courses taken.
• In addition to the monthly stipend, the award also covers the annual tuition fee.
The University reserves the right to vary the amount of the stipend at any time by written notice.
The Scholarship is tenable for one (1) year in the first instance and thereafter may, subject to the Scholar’s satisfactory progress, be renewed each semester at the University’s discretion. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 4 years for PhD candidates.
For More Information: