DEADLINE: 30 September, 2020
Applications are open for the Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Center Amujae Leaders Program 2021 for African Women Leaders. The Amujae Initiative is the EJS Center’s flagship program, whose mission is to inspire and prepare women to unapologetically take up roles and excel in the highest echelons of public leadership, and to bring other women along.
Each year, the EJS Center identifies 15 African women public leaders and offers them targeted leadership development experiences that are designed to fuel their ambition and equip them with the necessary skills for effective service. These women become part of a purposeful sisterhood that propels women in public leadership forward, a multi-generational network of distinguished women leaders, and a movement advocating for increased women’s participation in public life in Africa.
Goals of the Amujae Initiative
The Amujae Initiative’s goals are:
- Enhance Capacity: To enhance the capacity of women in public leadership, helping them to increase their effectiveness within their current roles.
- Embolden Women: To embolden women as they navigate career paths in public leadership, supporting them to aspire to the highest positions.
- Strengthen Ties: To strengthen ties among a growing, experienced, and capable network of women public leaders in Africa.
- Influence Public Perception: To positively influence public perception of women’s leadership across Africa, building a wave of support for greater women’s representation.
The Amujae Leader is a woman who:
- Is a citizen of and resides in any African country.
- Has proven leadership talent, having excelled in her chosen field and distinguished herself as someone who can deliver transformative impact.
- If not already involved in public service, has the vision and proven commitment to become an exceptional public leader.
- Has demonstrated a commitment towards the upliftment/ empowerment of other women.
- Is patriotic, demonstrating commitment and service to their home country/countries.
Applications will close on the September 30, 2020 and applicants will be notified of the outcome by November 2, 2020.
For More Information: