DEADLINE: 5 October, 2017
From 16 to 24 November 2017 the Goethe-Institut invites seven game developers from South Africa and eight from Sub Saharan Africa to join an eight day program with sixteen game developers from Germany, Brazil and Indonesia in Johannesburg. The German participants are award winners and nominees of the German Video Game Awards.
Within the program “Game Mixer”, the Goethe-Institut aims to promote professional exchange between game developers from around the world. In 2015, the first Game Mixer Program took place in Jakarta and Bandung,Indonesia. The following year, the second iteration of the program took place in Sao Paulo, Brazil. In its third iteration, the Game Mixer program seeks to mix up the international game development scene even further by not only including game developers from Germany and the host country of South Africa, but by also inviting participants from broader Sub-Saharan Africa and the former host countries Indonesia and Brazil, too.
If you are interested and want to apply, you should:
• be a professional developer from an African game company that has released at least one game;
• be committed to participate full-time during the whole ten-day program; and
• be able to communicate in English
Smaller, emerging studios are preferred, since they would benefit most from this programme.
The Goethe-Institut will provide:
• travel expenses to and from Johannesburg
• accommodation (for participants not living in Johannesburg)
• local transfers
Your application should include:
• a CV highlighting your professional background
• a one-page letter of motivation;
• a one-page profile of your studio including: founding date, number of games produced / released, number of developers, performance (e.g. downloads, users, revenue);
• a one-page summary of one product that you want to highlight in the showcase including: game details, game performance (e.g. downloads, users, revenue, KPIs), screenshots
Send your application to Ralf.Eppeneder.firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 5 October 2017. The participants will be chosen by a jury of the Goethe-Institut and Interactive Entertainment South Africa.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Goethe-Institut Game Mixer 2017