DEADLINE: 2 May, 2018
The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries as per the following criteria:
1. Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th
birthday by the closing date of application.
2. Applicants must have applied for a full-time on-campus programme at a public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8) for academic year starting in 2018.
3. The Scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser
- The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- Further, the scholarship also covers a return airfare by the most economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
The following documents are available for download from the Ministry’s website (http://ministry-education.govmu.org):
I. Guidelines for Applicants ➢
Th is document contains important information regarding the conditions attached to the scholarship, the application procedure, and a list of public Tertiary Education Institutions in Mauritius where the applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus studies.
II. Application Form ➢
Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form,duly filled-in. Section 5
of the application form should be endorsed and completed by the Nominating Agency in the country of citizenship of the applicant.
- Applications which are not made through the Nominating Agency of the respective countries will not be entertained. An application under this Scheme is to be made solely through the Nominating Agency responsible for the processing of scholarships in the country of citizenship of the applicant. Such a Nominating Agency, which may typically be part of the Ministry of Education in the country of the applicant, will then short list and endorse the applications of a maximum of five (5) nominated candidates and submit the duly completed application forms electronically by 16 April 2018 and in hard copy by 02 May 2018 to the
- Ministry of Education and Human Resources, Tertiary Education and Scientific Research of Mauritius at the address mentioned below for a final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education and Human Resources,
Tertiary Education and Scientific Research
(Attn: Tertiary Education and
Scientific Research Division)
MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email:firstname.lastname@example.org)
For More Information: