APPLICATION DEADLINE: 13 October, 2020
Submit your entry for the Graça Machel Trust International Day of the Girl Child 2020 Vlog Call. The Graça Machel Trust has an exciting and unique opportunity to share which will provide adolescent girls with a space for their voice to heard and amplified. This listening initiative hosted by the Graca Machel Trust aims to work with adolescent girls to have them reimagine a better world that is inspired by their own hopes and ambitions.
It will be from the energized and recognized efforts of these adolescent girls that the Trust will gain leadership on how they can build a more equitable world that is considerate of the struggles and aspirations of adolescent girls on the continent.
The Trust will achieve this through a listening series that will have adolescent girls speak about the kind of world which they wish to have established during and post COVID – 19. This will be done to cultivate a culture of agency amongst adolescent girls whereby they can claim their own destinies. They believe that this bottom – up approach will see national, sub – regional and continental stakeholders serve to support and uplift the call to actions and works of the adolescent girls rather than providing them with antidotes that are never fully reflective or considerate of the adolescent girls lived reality.
- If you are an adolescent girl between the ages of 15 – 17, then submit a vlog of no longer than 3 minutes capturing your daily lived experience to illustrate the following:
- How has COVID – 19 interrupted or changed your life?
- How have you had to adapt to these changes?
- What are the Opportunities, if any, do you believe exist for adolescent girls?
- If you could envision a world post COVID – 19, what would it look like?
- You can send in your video in the following languages
- Speaking Brief: Please follow the set script below in recording your video: Hi my name is ____(insert name and surname)___ I am ___ (insert your age)__ and from __ (this country)..continue to answer questions.
- Video shooting guidelines: You can be download the video shooting guidelines here.
- Consent Form: Please note that you must have filled in the consent form and have it signed by your parent or legal guardian for your application to be considered. The Consent Form can be downloaded here.
They wish for this vlog to reflect the activist and change agents that you are and highlight the changes that you wish to see come into effect in the world.
All vlogs videos to be submitted to Mpilo Shabangu: email@example.com no later than October 13, 2020.
For More Information: