DEADLINE: 14 May, 2018.
The international Helen Lansdowne Resor (HLR) Scholarship supports and promotes talented female creative advertising students from around the world in honor of the industry’s first female copywriter, Helen Lansdowne Resor. The program will run through 2020.
Dating back to the early 1900s, Helen was an industry pioneer, credited with sparking celebrity testimonial campaigns with her use of endorsements from socialites, European royalty, and actresses in her work for Pond’s Cold Cream. Helen Lansdowne Resor’s creative capacity helped to push the barriers and shatter traditional formulas of advertising.
Helen was a working mother and ardent feminist who championed the advancement of women’s rights both inside and outside of the agency. During her tenure, J. Walter Thompson was known as the “Women’s Agency,” where bright young talented females were given opportunities that had been traditionally offered exclusively to men.
Each year, the HLR Scholarship seeks to award five female creative students scholarships up to $10,000. In addition, each recipient will receive a paid summer internship at a J. Walter Thompson office in her respective region, an offer of a J. Walter Thompson mentor and “first look” placement consideration upon graduation.
- Be a registered student at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school with at least 12 months of school left as of May 14, 2018
- Show creative talent and potential in a course of study like Art Direction, Copywriting, Design, Experiential Design, Sculpture, Film, etc. Basically, if you think it applies to you, it probably does
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by your school
Your shot to steer the future of advertising. Here’s what you’ll get if you win:
- A scholarship up to $10,000 to put towards your education
- An internship at a JWT office
- One-on-one mentorship
- First-look placement at JWT after graduation
- Click here to complete the application.
- You’ll have to submit your application form, a personal statement, a letter of recommendation and 3–5 creative samples by May 14, 2018.
For More Information: