DEADLINE: 23 December, 2017
- Harnessing the power of energy to transform the lives of 10 million people
- How will you change the world with US $1 Million
The Hult Prize is a start-up accelerator for impact entrepreneurship which brings together the brightest college and university students from around the globe to solve the world’s most pressing issues through pitching ideas and launching companies. It’s the biggest and most prestigious start-up event in the world, and awards millions of dollars in investment capital to young budding entrepreneurs, including a grand prize of USD1Million.
In 2018, we are hosting regional final events in: Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, Toronto, Mexico City, Quito, Bogota, Melbourne, Lagos, Nairobi, Cairo, Tunisia, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore and on-line. Winning start-ups from each city move onto the Hult Prize Accelerator for the summer before attending the President Bill Clinton hosted global finals at the United Nations, which take place in September, during UNGA. The Hult Prize is the official kick-off to UN GLOBAL GOALS WEEK, so it’s the perfect place to pitch for a million dollars.
- There are multiple programs, and multiple rounds of competition. Your goal is to make it to the summer 8-week incubator which is hosted in our castle where you will live, work, learn and play as you develop your game-changing enterprise.
- The top 50 companies from around the world advance. From there, six are selected to pitch at the United Nations for USD1,000,000. There is funding and mentorship throughout.
- There are three ways to become part of the top 50,
- 1) win a regional final round
- 2) win an in-country round or
- 3) win a wildcard round.
- There are two ways into a regional final, either you win an on-campus Hult Prize which may or may not be happening at your university, or you submit into the general application window. If none of these paths work for you, then you would have one more shot via our Hult Prize National Program which may or may not be happening in your country. If it is, then you are in-luck because national program winners receive investment capital and a one-way ticket into our summer incubator.
Student teams interested in participating in the event should visit www.hultprize.org to fill out the online application. Applying is easy and consists of four easy steps:
- Select your city of competition
- Create a team of 3-4 students from your college or university that share your passion
- Upload your resumes and one team statement of purpose into the online application
- Check back regularly to see if your team has been selected or join our Facebook page
Teams selected to compete in the Regional Finals will be responsible for securing their own travel arrangement to and from the event. Training, pre-event mixer, food and drink throughout the day and post-event reception will all be covered.
For More Information: