APPLICATION DEADLINE: 8 November, 2020
Ibua Journal invites writers to send submissions for the Ibua 2020 Continental Call named Bold: Imagining a New Africa. While the media is awash with Western narratives of Africa Rising they are keen to see the imaginations of this Continent’s people through this Call of what is possible to Africans as a people and Continent — expressions of their hopes and desires in Short Story or Poetry categories.
Ibua Journal is an online magazine of literary fiction, poetry, memoirs, essays, critical review, and features by writers living in the African continent. They provide African writers with a regular platform for sharing their stories with the world.
- The winning story and poem receive a cash prize of USD $300 and USD $100 respectively.
- The Shortlisted stories and poems will receive USD $100 and USD $50 respectively. The shortlist is a total of 5 per category.
- All Long-listed stories and poems will be published in the anthology Bold: Imagining a New Africa (E-book) and in the Ibua Journal.
- Writers must be living in any African country.
- Writers should be 18 years and above.
- All submissions should be set in an African country, city or village.
Terms and Conditions
- The editors have a right to accept or reject any piece of work.
- The review window runs for 30 days from the close of submission.
- Long listed submissions (10 per Category) will undergo further revision if necessary. They encourage all writers to keep an open mind during this Editorial process.
- A short list will be determined from the Final submissions at the end of the Editorial process. Short-listed stories and poems (5 per category) will receive a Cash Prize.
The submission window closes on Sunday, 8th November, 2020.
For More Information: