APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1 February, 2021
Applications are open for the ICP VLIR UOS Scholarship Programme “Road Safety in the South” 2021. The ICP “Master of Transportation Sciences – Road Safety in Low & Middle Income Countries” offers a 2-year multidisciplinary master programme with a unique focus and approach to Road Safety in Developing Countries. The programme is supported by VLIR UOS and has 12 scholarships available each year.
Students are trained to identify transportation and road safety issues in order to create innovative solutions by using an integrative approach based on three pillars: the individual (dealing with the human behaviour in traffic and how to influence it e.g. intentional and unintentional riskful behaviour such as drunk driving or cognitive impairments), the environment (e.g. creating self-explaining roads and infrastructure that minimizes crash impact) and the society (e.g. societal norms and translation into policy and enforcement measures). Road safety in this programme is approached as a cross-border field, incorporating elements of psychology, economy, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering and more.
- Monthly allowance: €1150/month (for cost of meals, transport, personal expenses and accommodation)
- 1- time payment for indirect travel costs: €150
- 1- time payment for logistical allowance: €850
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
- Participants should have at least an academic bachelor degree in one of the following disciplines:
- behavioural sciences: psychology, sociology
- political and social sciences
- mathematical and statistical sciences
- economy, transport economy
- transport or traffic planning, urban planning or design, geography, (urban) architecture
- engineering: transport engineer, civil engineer
- Be a national and resident of one of the below 31 countries:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
- Have sufficient knowledge of the English language.
- The maximum age for a master programme scholarship is 35 (on January 1, 2021).
Before you apply,
- Check if you’re eligible for this scholarship.
- Complete the online application form.
- Send the required legalised hard copies by post/courier before the application deadline to Hasselt University, attn. Ms. Leen Jorissen, Martelarenlaan 42, 3500 Hasselt, Belgium.
For More Information: