DEADLINE: 03 June, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST
Join the IWMF for a reporting trip in Juba, South Sudan, from August 8 to 24, including a 4-day Hostile Environments and First-Aid Training (HEFAT) in Nairobi, Kenya from August 9 to 12. This reporting trip theme will include topics around civil society and civic engagement.
These are the last few months of the African Great Lakes program, which officially concludes in December 2018. There are only three reporting trips left in the year, including South Sudan, so apply for this opportunity today!
Fellows will depart for 10 days of in-country reporting on August 13 and begin reporting from August 14 to August 23, where they will have the opportunity to network with in-country journalists, collaborate with international peers, and access a wide range of sources and sites relevant to their reporting. Fellows will conclude the reporting trip and depart from Juba on August 24.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- Affiliated or freelance female journalists with three (3) or more years of professional experience working full-time in news media. Internships do not count toward professional experience.
- Any individual who self-identifies as a female and of any nationality are welcome to apply.
- Non-native English speakers must be proficient in English in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
- Applicant must be able to show proof of interest from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets (a letter from an editor is strongly preferred).
- The IWMF arranges travel and in-country logistics for all fellows.
- The IWMF also covers fellowship-related costs within the framework of the reporting trip including travel, visa fees, lodging, meals and fixers/interpreters, unless a selected journalist’s news organization wishes to assume these costs.
- Fellows living outside the U.S. are responsible for procuring all necessary visas for which they will be reimbursed at the conclusion of the fellowship.
For More Information: