APPLICATION DEADLINE: 18 October, 2021
Location – Kigali, Rwanda/Douala, Cameroon
Bongalo is a fast-growing Traveltech startup on a mission to connect travelers to affordable, comfortable, and most convenient accommodation options across Africa. We’re headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda with a branch office in Cameroon. We’re recruiting a Mobile App Developer to join our development team.
About The Role
As a Mobile App developer at Bongalo, you will be required to create, maintain and implement the source code to develop our Mobile application. You will work closely with the UI/UX Designer to design prototype applications, provide the unit structure, and help the Application team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design & implement new app modules based on the product requirements using the Flutter framework
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Integrate user-interface elements developed by other developers
- Build user interfaces designed by UI/UX designers
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integrate various APIs from third parties
- Collaborate closely with the teams of UI/UX designers, PMs, QAs, and other developers
- Participate in software architecture, design discussions, and code reviews
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Follow the company guidelines and best practices.
- Must have built at least two Android and/or iOS apps with Flutter
- Proven working experience in software development
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle, including automated testing and building
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient with Test-driven development (TDD)
- Bachelor degree or other technical training in computer science or in a related field
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Teamwork and organizational skills
- The ability to work in a team of like-minded individuals.
- The ability to take feedback and seek out areas of improvement from your peers.
- Familiarity with google workspace, Trello and slack, etc.
To apply, follow the link below and submit your application.
NB: We’re unable to provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.