DEADLINE: 19 November, 2017 at midnight, U.S EDT
Are you ready to join the ranks of Kiplinger Fellows — journalists trained to thrive in the Digital Age? The Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Journalism at Ohio University seeks innovative journalists with a strong desire to reboot their digital skills
The renown digital media fellowship will be held April 16-20, 2018 in Columbus and at theE.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University in Athens. Only fully completed applications with the correct number of samples and with English translations (if needed) will be accepted.
Since 1973, journalists have competed for prestigious Kiplinger Fellowships at Ohio State University. In recent years, hundreds of journalists from around the world have applied annually for 20 to 25 slots – positioning the Kiplinger Fellowship among a handful of nationally prominent journalism fellowships.
- Selected Fellows will spend a week at Ohio University’s beautiful main campus in Athens, immersed in hands-on training led by national experts.
- We’ll focus on using digital and social media to build a stronger following, develop new sources and enhance your reporting.
- We’ll help you sharpen reporting skills to hold government and institutions accountable.
- We’ll talk Twitter, deep Web searches, crowdsourcing, public records, spreadsheets, videography, data visualization, and the latest digital tools and tactics.
Before you begin, you might want to write these four pieces, which you then can copy and paste into the application:
1. A short bio (maximum of 150 words).
2. A short explanation of how the Kiplinger Fellowship would benefit you and your newsroom (maximum of 200 words).
3. Web links to three recent stories that showcase your talent. International journalists whose work does not appear in English must supply English translations of three stories (details below).
4. Two references who know your work well (name, title, organization, email, phone).
If you have questions, please contact Kevin Z. Smith at email@example.com or 614-688-7464.
For More Information: