DEADLINE: 20th May, 2018
The International Development Department is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to undertake the MSc in International Development (Governance and State-building) with a full scholarship.
The scholarship is for two years to enable the applicant to complete the MSc and undertake a one year internship, including six-months with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation. Applicants must have a first class Honours degree, or equivalent, and be African nationals domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- International Development (20 credits)
- Governance and State Building (20 credits)
- One of the following four modules (20 credits)
- Development Policy and Politics
- Development in Practice
- Conflict and Development
- Post Conflict Reconstruction and Development
- Choice of optional modules (60 credits) choose from over 25 IDD modules plus others from across the University.
- Dissertation (60 credits)–in depth focus on a topic of particular interest, with support from a supervisor. This may involve over seas fieldwork in a country chosen by the candidate.
- A first class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university.
- Good written and spoken English. For those whose first language is not English, evidence of this capacity is required. Applicants should reach at least level 6.5 in the IELTS or 580 /93 for TOEFL. Please check the University website for more information on English language requirements.
- Applicants must be African nationals domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Applications must be received through the University online application system, accessed via www.birmingham.ac.uk by the 20th May 2018. In addition to the usual documents to be submitted, applicants should also upload a 500 word statement and CV.
- This statement should set out why the applicant is the best candidate for the scholarship. Applicants must then send an email to Mrs Debra Beard (email@example.com) informing her of their wish to be considered for the Mo Ibrahim Scholarship and their ID number.
- Please include ‘Mo Ibrahim Scholarship’ in the subject line of the email
For More Information: