DEADLINE: 15 October, 2017
Applications are invited for the Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships 2018. The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships form a selective programme designed to mentor future African leaders. Through this annual fellowship programme, the Foundation seeks to deepen and broaden their growing network which continues to contribute its skills and learning to a better Africa. The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the AfDB (Abidjan), UNECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva).
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation was established in 2006 and aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa. The Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress;
- Recognize achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
- Be a national of an African country;
- Have 7-10 years of relevant work experience;
- Have a Master’s degree;
- Be under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children;
- Meet any additional criteria as set by the host.
Prospective fellows who meet the eligibility criteria are invited to apply directly to the current hosts:
- Africa Development Bank
- International Trade Centre
- United Nations Economic Commission for Africa