DEADLINE: 6:00 PM EST on March 25, 2018.
The Obama Foundation Africa Leaders Program will inspire, empower, and connect emerging leaders from across Africa, through a core set of shared values and leadership skills, to build a new generation of active African citizens and positive role models prepared to create tangible solutions to the challenges in their communities, countries, and continent.
The Program seeks to identify emerging leaders in government, civil society, and the private sector who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing the common good within their sphere of influence. The objective of the program is to build a growing network of innovative and ethical changemakers, who seek to drive change in their communities. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated potential for impact and a clear commitment to integrity.
Those who are selected to participate in the Africa Leaders Program will need to be available to be in Johannesburg, South Africa from July 14 through July 18 and able to participate in robust online programming activities throughout the year.
The Foundation is committed to recruiting a diverse cohort of Leaders, and encourages all individuals to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, religion, or disability status.
- Citizen of an African country
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Emerging leaders from all sectors approximately between 24-40 years of age
- Available to travel to Johannesburg, South Africa from July 14 through July 18, 2018
- Civically minded with a track record of impact
- A clear commitment to integrity
- A commitment to stay engaged with the Obama Foundation throughout the year and beyond
- Ability and inclination to positively transform the future of Africa or their community
- Please note that the Africa Leaders Program will cover costs related to economy class travel, lodging, and meals throughout the July program.
- Please do not apply to this program if you are unable to commit to the full time required. Applications for the Africa Leaders program close at 6:00 PM EST on March 25, 2018.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. We will notify applicants via email on a rolling basis beginning on April 27, 2018.
For More Information: