APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 January, 2021 (For Admission)
Do you have the ambition to become a future leader within the sustainable development on a global platform? Apply now for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) 2021.
The Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region.
The programme is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders. Usually 4-6% of the applicants are awarded a Global Professionals scholarship.
- SI fully covers your tuition fees to the Swedish university you are attending. This is paid directly by SI at the beginning of each semester.
- You will receive a regular payment of SEK 10,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the scholarship. This payment is given monthly throughout the scholarship period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you gain membership to the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and to further develop yourself professionally. The local networks exist worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
- For Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe the scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Turkey or Ukraine. The scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 10,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme.
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or civil society.
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by the April 9, 2021.
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- The master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships. They give the highest priority to specific subject areas.
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Russia; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Turkey; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
- Apply for a master’s programme at university admissions: October 16, 2020 – January 15, 2021
- Apply for an SISGP scholarship: February 8 – February 18, 2021
- Notifications from University Admissions: February 9, 2021
- Announcement of 300 successful SI scholarship recipients: April 28, 2021
Apply for a Masters Programme
- Apply for up to four eligible master’s programmes at at universityadmissions.se by January 15, 2021.
- Once you have submitted your application to the master’s programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to Global Professionals. Your application will be disqualified if you type in the wrong number in the online application form.
- Submit your receipt of the application fee and the supporting documents required by University Admissions before the deadline on February 1, 2021. The fee is non-refundable.
Apply for a Global Professionals Scholarship
- After you have completed your application to a master’s programme, you can apply for an SI scholarship. See more information about the required documents and forms
- Submit the required documents digitally through our online application portal. The portal is open from. Access will be available on this page below during the application period.
For More Information: