APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 December, 2020
Applications are open for the UNU International Joint MSc Programme 2020/2021 – Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security. The main purpose of the two-year Master of Science programme is to provide postgraduate students with detailed knowledge, critical understanding, strategies and the tools required to take an interdisciplinary approach towards environmental risks and human security.
The Master’s programme addresses theoretical and methodological debates in geography to better understand the complex emergence of environmental risks and natural hazards, their implications for human-nature relations (vulnerability, resilience, adaptation) and how to deal with them in practice.
As a joint programme offered by the Department of Geography at the University of Bonn and the United Nations University in Bonn, the course provides a unique combination of advanced conceptual and applied engagements within the field of environmental risks and human security in an international context.
- This Joint Master’s is part of a selected group of international postgraduate degrees that benefits from the EPOS funding scheme offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). A number of fully-funded scholarships can be offered to students from developing countries for through this scheme.
- Being a candidate from an eligible developing country (check the list on DAAD website);
- Having accumulated at least two years of relevant work experience since graduation from the Bachelor’s by the time of application (e.g. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector);
- Having graduated from last academic degree no longer than 5 years ago by the time of application;
- Having completed no other Master’s degree in a similar field of studies;
- Aiming to pursue a career as a practitioner in the field of development following graduation from the Master’s programme (not in an academic area/not aiming to pursue a PhD);
- Being ready to commit fully to the Joint Master’s degree in case accepted for the programme and a DAAD EPOS scholarship.
- Read the information below as well as the FAQ thoroughly.
- Submit the online application form.
- Gather the required documents (including the academic writing sample) precisely as explained here.
- And send your application documents via e-mail to email@example.com.
For More Information: