Vaccines for Africa Initiative (VACFA)invite applications from a qualified doctoral graduate for a postdoctoral research fellowship in the area of evidence-based vaccinology. VACFA is under the Centre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Research (CIDER), which is within the School of Public Health and Family Medicine (SPH&FM). VACFA is based in the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Cape Town (UCT). VACFA’s vision is an Africa free of vaccine-preventable diseases. To achieve this vision, VACFA conducts activities in the following areas:
- Advocacy & Communication
- have a passion in the field of evidence-based research and immunization programs. Previous experience in evidence-based medicine research is advantageous;
- have obtained a doctoral degree in any relevant field within the past 5 years (eg public health/immunology/health systems/epidemiology/social sciences);
- have held no previous professional or academic posts;
- be willing to take up the fellowship as soon as possible;
- evidence of research output in any of the research areas outlined above;
- be able to work in an interdisciplinary team environment;
- have good organizational and management skills;
- have good written and oral communication skills;
- be prepared to undertake limited teaching/supervision duties as part of his/her professional development;
- be prepared to register at the University of Cape Town as a postdoctoral research fellow and to comply with the policies and practices of the Postdoctoral Research Sector of the University.
- The fellowship has a tax-free value of R250,00 to R300,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience. The duration of the fellowship is one year.
- The fellowship is renewable on evidence of satisfactory performance and availability of continued funding.
- Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing the following
• a cover letter describing the applicant’s research interests and indicating how these align
with the advertisement;
• a CV that includes full details of publications;
• copies of all academic transcripts and certificates for previous degrees and for the doctoral degree;
• the names of three academic referees with whom the applicant has worked with in the past.
If you require more specific information regarding the fellowship, you may directly contact Dr. Benjamin Kagina (email@example.com)