APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31 October, 2020
Applications are open for the World Bank Winter Internship Program 2020. The World Bank Internship Program offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank.
The internship allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and research experience into the Bank’s work, while improving skills in a diverse environment. In addition, it is a great way to enhance CVs with practical work experience. Internships are available in both development operations and other business units (such as Human Resources, Communications, Accounting, etc.) however, availability during a given internship term is based on business need.
- The World Bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses up to USD $3,000 at the discretion of the manager. These travel expenses can only include transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city. Interns are responsible for their own accommodations.
- Driven by business needs, most Intern positions are based in Washington, DC with a few others in the World Bank country offices. Usually, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time). There is no age limit.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of languages such as: French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable.
- Other skills such as computing skills are advantageous.
The World Bank Internship Program typically seeks candidates for: Operations (Front Line) in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
Take time to prepare your application and enter your personal information accurately. You will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Statement of Interest;
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree.
For More Information: