DEADLINE: 30 January, 2018
The 2018 WISE Awards will identify, celebrate, and promote six innovative projects for their positive contribution to education and society. The Awards highlight initiatives found to be most creative and effective in finding solutions to education challenges at any level and in all environments. In bringing forward these models, WISE is helping build a network of recognized change-makers to inspire transformation and innovation in education.
Representatives of projects are invited to submit applications to demonstrate the nature and reach of their activities. Nominations of projects are also invited. Past winning projects have addressed a wide range of concerns and pursuits, including access to quality education, life-long learning opportunities, and education in emergency contexts.
- The 2018 WISE Awards submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations. Ongoing/existing education projects run by any type of organization such as colleges, universities, academic networks, schools consortia, civil society and community organizations,governments, international agencies and private-sector companies working in the field of education are invited to apply or nominate.
- Projects can also belong to any education sector such as Pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, further and higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
- Finally, projects from any part of the world can apply or be nominated to the WISE Awards.
- Applications should only be for original works and projects, and should be submitted by a representative working within the project. All applicants should therefore guarantee that their organization , or they themselves, originated the project, and should not hold QATAR FOUNDATION liable for any action or claim from a third party with respect to the project submitted.
- Nominations can be submitted by persons external to the organization running the project. Nominators will be requested to identify themselves in the submission form, although this information will be kept confidential by QATAR FOUNDATION. Nominators may or may not request information from the project in order to best fill the nomination form. However, QATAR FOUNDATION will only contact nominated projects if they are selected as Finalists following the Pre-Jury evaluation.
- The deadline for submission of applications is January 30, 2018, 13.00 GMT.
- The Pre-Jury will then review all eligible applications.
- The shortlisted 15 Finalists will be announced in June 2018.
- The 15 Finalists may be visited onsite by the WISE film team.
- An independent Innovation Assessment will be organized, as described below.
- The Jury will review all the 15 Finalists and the evaluations conducted onsite.
Tips for applying
- Complete the application/nomination form in English as clearly as possible
- Be precise in your responses; provide evidence and concrete examples
- Numbers and data should be up-to-date and supported by verifiable evidence
- In case of an application form, include contact details of two valid supporters
- Provide real-life examples of beneficiaries when applicable
For More Information: