DEADLINE: 22 July, 2018
- Are you a young African women engaged in Africa’s energy sector ready to take your career to the next level?
- Are you interested in increasing your leadership skills, strengthening your professional networks, gaining new career opportunities, and demonstrating a desire to take on a greater leadership role?
Power Africa is a U.S. government-led partnership coordinated by USAID that aims to double access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa by 2030. This special opportunity is part of the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern African (RLC SA) is hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Africa.
This year, Power Africa joins the RLC SA in supporting the career development of a new generation of women leaders in the energy sector. The first week focus on foundational leadership skill, with the following three weeks emphasizing effective business and public management in the energy sector. This opportunity will also include site visits and case studies.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Women, Ages (18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent
- Interest and/or experience in the Energy sector
- Nationals of sub-Saharan African countries
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program
- English language proficiency
The program encourages applications from
- Rural based and economically disadvantage young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTI communities across the region
- Other minority groups
- There is no fee to apply for or participate in the program.
- Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, lodging, meals and course materials.
- All other costs will be at the participants expense
The training is residential and requires a commitment to attend all sessions in person at the Regional Leadership Center.
How to Apply:
- Visit the RLC SA website: http://powerafrica-yalisouthernafrica.melimu.com/registration
For Assistance contactL Bento Marcos, Head of Recruitment and Selection, YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa Tel: +27 11 652 0317 / 0354; E-Mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: