DEADLINE: 1 September, 2018
Apply to attend the 3rd Annual Youth Education & Empowerment Summit 2018. The Youth Coalition for Education Liberia (YOCEL) under the Leadership of Beyan Flomo Pewee is convening the third Annual Youth Education and Empowerment Summit from November 18-22 in Monrovia, Liberia. Partial Scholarship Available
The Annual Youth Education & Empowerment Summit is an international youth focused summit on education, participation, engagement and empowerment endorsed by the Government of Liberia recognizing it as the premier gathering for youth on the continent. The summit has been running since 2016 and keeps getting better and promising each other year. It serves as a platform that brings together hundreds of young leaders, edupreneurs, entrepreneurs and innovators from across Africa and the rest of the world. This provides an opportunity for youth of different continents or regions to collaborate, share best practices and challenge their thinking during interactive plenary sessions and debates.
This year, AYEESummit18 which would be held in Monrovia-Liberia focuses on accessing the AU’s Agenda 2063 vis-à-vis Post Election Related issues of Liberia with special focus on how young people can be put at the center of this development framework especially in areas of Youth Development and activism, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Entrepreneurship and Education at all levels drawing special attention to the post-election recommendations and increase of Gender based Violence on Continent.
The Summit will seek to meet the following Objectives:
- To equip participants on the AU’s Agenda 2063 and UN’s Agenda 2030.
- To access the Post-Election Issues associated with the just ended elections in Liberia
- To identify youth and women roles and ways young people and women can be engaged in Agenda execution to bring about transformation
- To build the capacity of participants to fully engage in activities in the agenda that affects their development
- To strengthen dialogues among youth on how to engage in productive ventures that would create employment and reliable forms of income
- To sustain youth and women’s participation in governance and decision making process across their countries and the continent at large through dialogue among youth, policy makers and stakeholders.
- To enhance the capacities of delegates with additional skills through working sessions in debate, research, public speaking, entrepreneurship, and other Summit activities.
- To identify avenues of progressively empowering women economically and reducing all forms of gender based violence through specific committee sessions.
- To promote and increase collaboration, innovation, networking and experience sharing among delegates.
- To develop a youth driven approach that call for youth integration and engagement in the employment sector, governance and democratic sectors across every African states.
- Accommodation, Feeding and Local Transportation will be covered by the organizers (Delegates will have to undertake the cost of travelling to and from Liberia)
- Access to all Summit activities including networking, sightseeing and cultural fiesta
- An opportunity to become member of AYEESummit alumni network
- Benefit from different funding opportunities presented by development partners across Africa
- Certificate of Participation
- Young person between the ages of 18-29years
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Culturally Competent
- Have experience working in teams of diverse background
- Personally motivated for social change and impact.
- Fluency in English Language.
- Young persons with experience in governance, election, women’s economic empowerment, education, entrepreneurship as well as youth development and participation are strongly encouraged to apply.
There are scholarships to cover registration for up to 100 participants.
Contact for more information: email@example.com
For More Information: