DEADLINE: 20 August, 2018
Are you a peace builder and between 18 and 29 years old? Then don’t hesitate, grab your mobile or camera and make a video of your work as a peacebuilder! Together with the Carnegie Foundation and the United Network Of Young Peacebuilders, Youth Peace Initiative is organising ‘The Next Generation Peacebuilders Video Contest’ to highlight best practices of young peacebuilders!
Show the world how you tackle the following challenges:
- Financing the upside: flexible support for young peacebuilders;
- Promoting meaningful youth participation in formal peace and political transition processes;
- Creating safe and trustful civic spaces for youth to operate in their local contexts.
Best practices from young peacebuilders all over the world will be highlighted through this video contest. Contestants are judged on their impact and effectiveness in addressing the above three challenges, their creativity, and the degree to which the peace building initiative is youth-led.
- The winner of the contest will receive the first Youth Carnegie Peace Prize during the Carnegie Wateler Peace Prize Ceremony to be held on September 26, 2018 in the Peace Palace The Hague, the Netherlands;
- The winner of the Youth Carnegie Peace Prize will be awarded with the title ‘Youth Ambassador of the Peace Palace’ and receive a conference ticket to the One Young World Summit in The Hague!
- Applicants should be between 18-29 years old;
- Video resolution should be minimal 1280 x 720 pixels;
- Length of video: Maximum 3 minutes long
Submissions Video and application form must be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: